Let’s talk about contractions/ waves/ surges!
When you think about birth you think of those waves. But an important thing to keep in mind that after a wave there is pause! That’s a great shift in your mind, isn’t it?
In an average 8 hour 1st stage the total surges time is only around 23 %. Which means that the other 77 % is pain free!
Nevertheless, what can you do when the wave is coming?
When it rises, focus on your breath. In through your nose, out through your mouth. Soft shoulders and hands, loose jaw. At the peak of the wave take a slow deep breath and then with the breath out… focus on your loose jaw. Loose jaw – relaxed perineum.
And remember – the peak of the contraction only lasts 10-20 seconds!
You got this, mama!